Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
We all know, Spring is about new life blooming forth. This Spring that means giving your everyday look a new life too. The word on the street is that Spring 2011 is about color - exciting color that says you're not afraid, and you love to make a statement. Not just bold colors for the sake of bold colors, but your personal flare with a little forward thinking dare to create a balance that feels right for you.
The recipe: take elements of nature, luminous skin, soft washes of color (for the eyes), and add divers color statement like intense coral cheeks, bright pink or zesty melon lips and lemony yellow nails. Next step, just go ahead and be gorgeous.
For more information on creating your season color wardrobe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact page.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
I think one of my new favorite ways to add a little pop color comes in the form of nail lacquer, most specifically that of butter LONDON.
Butter LONDON is a "3 free" lacquer, that means no formaldehyde, no toluene and no phthalates, they "believe in colour, not carcinogens." Said to become spring favorites are cheeky chops (lemony yellow), dosh (apple green with gold), scoundrel (purplish mauve), primrose hill picnic (punchy, tropical fuchsia) and teddy girl (retro, bubble gum pink) to name a few.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
February's dreary weather report may have you feeling a little less than energetic. Take time to treat your skin nicely, and invite a little color in to brighten your mood--the rest will follow.
Shape magazine (February 2011) had a great spread called “Winter Brights”. It talked about “taking a vacation from your neutral makeup and dark clothing” to encourage happy thoughts about the way you look and feel. Favorite hues like hot pinks, lemon yellows, luscious lilacs, creative corals and gracious greens colored each page with enthusiasm.
These shades are fun and exciting, and this is a great time to ease into spring. If it’s cold outside, but your lips are hot (pink), you’ll reek of happiness... Adding something new and different is a treat, especially when you can do it one piece at a time. Start wearing these colors now, and come Springtime you’ll be blooming.
The next step to brightening your day is finding your color. Shade selections from sarimotley are at the ready, so follow the links below.
- Pinks: Stript Lipstick Pencil in Clover, Stript Crushed Mineral Blush in Devine and Mineral Cheek Color in Pink Quartz
- Yellows: Mineral Eye Shadow in Canary Diamond and Mineral Matte Eye Shadow in Limonite (coming soon)
- Lilacs: Mineral Matte Eye shadow in Hyacinth, Stript Crushed Mineral Blush in Sugar (deep lilac)
- Corals: Mineral Matte Eye Shadow in Terra Peach, Mineral Eye Shadow in Peach Quartz, Stript Crushed Mineral Eye Shadow in Jasmine, Mineral Blush in Coral Sun, Mineral Matte Blush in Adobe, Creme Blush in Just Blush (coming soon)
- Greens: Mineral Eye Shadow in Mojito, Stript Crushed Mineral Eye Shadow in Roxie