February's dreary weather report may have you feeling a little less than energetic. Take time to treat your skin nicely, and invite a little color in to brighten your mood--the rest will follow.
Shape magazine (February 2011) had a great spread called “Winter Brights”. It talked about “taking a vacation from your neutral makeup and dark clothing” to encourage happy thoughts about the way you look and feel. Favorite hues like hot pinks, lemon yellows, luscious lilacs, creative corals and gracious greens colored each page with enthusiasm.
These shades are fun and exciting, and this is a great time to ease into spring. If it’s cold outside, but your lips are hot (pink), you’ll reek of happiness... Adding something new and different is a treat, especially when you can do it one piece at a time. Start wearing these colors now, and come Springtime you’ll be blooming.
The next step to brightening your day is finding your color. Shade selections from sarimotley are at the ready, so follow the links below.
- Pinks: Stript Lipstick Pencil in Clover, Stript Crushed Mineral Blush in Devine and Mineral Cheek Color in Pink Quartz
- Yellows: Mineral Eye Shadow in Canary Diamond and Mineral Matte Eye Shadow in Limonite (coming soon)
- Lilacs: Mineral Matte Eye shadow in Hyacinth, Stript Crushed Mineral Blush in Sugar (deep lilac)
- Corals: Mineral Matte Eye Shadow in Terra Peach, Mineral Eye Shadow in Peach Quartz, Stript Crushed Mineral Eye Shadow in Jasmine, Mineral Blush in Coral Sun, Mineral Matte Blush in Adobe, Creme Blush in Just Blush (coming soon)
- Greens: Mineral Eye Shadow in Mojito, Stript Crushed Mineral Eye Shadow in Roxie