Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brow Coiffure

As I continue in my 2009 series of "before & after" stories, I want to introduce you to lovely Laurel. Laurel came for a "brow lesson" tonight, let me share.
First off, there aren't many women who feel complete, without paying a little attention to the brows; so Laurel, you are not alone.

Powder is a great and natural looking way to fill in (sparse) brows. I like the mineral matte shadows in sand, dusk, cashmere or twig. The powder is more likely to stick to the skin, not the hair. If you don't have a lot of hair, shading in the skin where you want a fuller brow is ideal. I picked two shades for Laurel to find the most natural look. One color was very similar to her own brow color, and the other was slightly deeper.

After we had the shade selections, we prepped the brows. You can do this with a brow comb or clean mascara wand. Next, I showed her how to fill in the scant areas using a combination of our two colors and an angled brush. Short, feather-like strokes applied in the same direction the hair is growing gives a more natural appearance — think of it as creating a feathery line to mimic hair.
Last, we finished with a clear brow gel to help keep brows and color in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment